Monday, September 13, 2010

I think I figured out why the Senators lost all those games…

I just finished completing the 1959 Washington Senators player photos and it came to me like an epiphany why this team couldn’t win.  Sure their team speed was non existent and their pitching wasn’t anything to write home about either, but there had to be something deeper.  The deeper issue was actually right on the surface.  This team had 6 guys who work glasses and I suspect a whole load more that were in denial.  If you can’t see the ball, you can’t hit the ball + in the macho era of the 1950’s I’ll bet these guy were constantly made fun of.  I can just see Mickey turning to Whitey and saying, “Looks like we’re playing those accountants again”.  If Scott Dyer can get these gents a few pairs of contacts or even some modern day laser surgery, the AL is going to be in deep doo doo !

Chuck_Stobbs_WAS Clint_Courtney_WAS Dick_Hyde_WAS Faye_Throneberry_WAS Steve_Korcheck_WAS Zoilo_Versalles_WAS Zoilo_Versalles_Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment